All New Decorative Concrete Hands-On Workshop
Designed for the seasoned professional as well as those just starting out! Classes are held at our training facility in Mansfield, MO.
While You're Here You'll Learn…
The Secrets to Engraving Designs into Concrete
From low-tech to state of the art, you'll learn how to make fast, high-quality installations like those shown in our gallery. Engraving puts the pattern into the concrete, meaning no call-backs for chipping or delamination. That's good news for you and for your customer.
You'll get plenty of hands-on experience with the outstanding line of Engrave-A-Crete tools as you complete actual projects from start to finish.
- Cobra — Our precision, upright engraver known for its power and accuracy lets you cut beautiful circular brick, linear brick, tile, cobblestone and many other popular patterns.
- Mongoose X — An easy-to-use engraver with a stand-up handle and a brand-new pointing system.
- KaleidoCrete System — The Barracuda and Wasp are impacting tools that give you the freedom to engrave intricate designs using templates.
- Sandroid — This re-circulating sand blasting system gives fine and delicate details, indoors or out.
Correct and Creative Stain Applications
NOT a throw-it-down-and-call-it-done staining class! You'll learn techniques from basic to advanced that take decorative concrete stain jobs from ho-hum to high class and give you an edge over the competition.
- Determining the right stain for your job
- How to apply Concrete Resurrection Reactive Acid Chemical (RAC) stain
- How to apply Concrete Resurrection Water Reducible Concentrate (WRC) stain
- How to apply Ten Second Color (TSC) dye
- Using Polychromatic Stains
- Using Metallic/Colored Epoxy
- Staining with multiple colors and adding details
- Additional stain application methods
- Using common elements to create a unique look (fruit loops/fertilizer/etc.)
Sealers - Uncover the mystery around sealers, what to use and when.
- Inside Acrylic
- Outside Acrylic
- Inside Floor Finish
- Using WaterProofer to increase your market share
Project Planning and Design Layout (Basic and Advanced)
- How to measure and lay out basic patterns such as tile, Ashlar slate, circles and wood plank — popular bread and butter patterns that can turn a profit
- Hands-on experience with Engrave-A-Crete tools. Practice on our concrete where mistakes don't matter!
All important Prep Instructions
Your entire job can depend on how well you prepare the surface of the concrete. You'll learn the essential steps of…
- Testing the slab for moisture
- Evaluating the concrete
- The correct tools and chemicals to use
- How to prep for acid staining
- How to prep for water-based stains
- Mastic Removal
- Power Troweled vs. Broom Finished
When and How to Repair Cracks
- Deciding what caused the crack and how to address it
- What repairs work best, and the bad fixes that will come back to haunt you
- Learning when NOT to repair cracks
- How to disguise or incorporate cracks so they become part of the design
Introduction to Overlay
- When to Overlay
- How to apply Mantello Resurfacer for perfect adhesion
- How to use Mantello Resurfacer with stains and sealers
- Troweling techniques
- Stampable vs Microtopping vs Resurfacer
- Integral Color
The Ins and Outs of Marketing
Your financial success depends on two things — your expertise as a decorative concrete craftsman and how well you manage your business and marketing. We'll teach you about:
- Structuring your business
- How to price jobs for a good profit
- Choosing an effective name for your business
- Using the Internet for marketing
- Using Google and social media to market your business
- How to get the most out of Home Shows
- How to market by mail
- The importance of word of mouth marketing
- Marketing on the job site
- How to present well to new prospects
Learn from the Experts
Engrave-A-Crete is a unique company because we are the leading pioneer and world's single largest designer and manufacturer of decorative concrete engraving tools, stains, process, training and supplies. The father-son team of Darrel and Brandon Adamson, president and vice-president and co-founders of Engrave-A-Crete, Inc., invented and patented many of the decorative concrete engraving tools we produce right here in our 78,000 sq. ft. manufacturing and training facility in Mansfield, MO. Both Darrel and Brandon enjoyed highly successful careers as decorative concrete contractors and businessmen. Now they have condensed their vast knowledge of concrete as a medium, their decorative expertise utilizing Engrave-A-Crete precision crafted tools, and their extensive experience with our products and processes to put together two levels of decorative concrete training unequaled in the industry. You get the best from the best!
So… You've Almost Decided to Register for Training, But There Are Still Some Concerns in Your Mind:
- Will you find enough work?
- Think of all the plain gray concrete you see — new construction, landscape renovations, home remodels — Oh yeah, there's plenty of work out there.
- Will you make a profit?
- Recalculate expenses and fees… Sure, the numbers make sense and they show a good profit.
- Do you have enough self-discipline to be your own boss?
- Remember prioritizing time last weekend — projects completed, bank account balanced, time spent with family and friends — you know you can do it.
- Will attending a workshop make a difference?
- Read over what you'll learn at the workshop and the testimonials that back up our claims…
- That quickening of your breath means go for it.
Confidence returning, you decide. With one mouse click your world changes. Your potential grows. Your strength increases. You lean back in your chair and put your feet on the desk. You rule.
View the workshop through the eyes of an attendee. Thank you Mastic Masters for your video.
Decorative Concrete Hands-On Workshop
Introduction to XtraDimensional Vertical Concrete
Learn the basics of Interior and Exterior XtraDimensional Concrete
Next Class September 19th
Learn vertical concrete carving in this one-day, introductory class.
· Construct an armature
· Apply scratch coat and build coat
· Carve to give your project dimension & depth
· Color for a natural look
· Finishing your project