Discovery and Training Workshop 2015
Discovery and Training Workshop 2015 is designed for those new to decorative concrete engraving. You’ll progress through the important basic steps of floor prep, layout, staining, sealing, pricing and marketing. What you need to know to complete jobs that will earn you profit.
THREE hands-on, jam packed days including…
How to Prep the Surface for Successful Installations
Your entire job can depend on how well you prepare the surface of the concrete. You’ll learn the essential steps of…
- Testing the slab for moisture
- Evaluating the concrete
- The correct tools and chemicals to use
- How to prep for acid staining
- How to prep for water-based stains
Planning, Layout and Engraving Designs
- How to measure and lay out basic patterns such as tile, Ashlar slate, circles and wood plank — popular bread and butter patterns that can turn a profit
- Hands-on experience with Engrave-A-Crete tools. Practice on our concrete where mistakes don’t matter!
Discovery & Training Workshop 2015
Wednesday through Friday
- Sept. 23-25, 2015
Classes are held at our facility in Mansfield, MO & run from 9am to 5pm each day. Lunch is provided.
Workshop Fee Must Be Paid in Full to Secure Your Spot.
Reserve your space with a $100 non-refundable deposit!
(remaining $395 balance due 15 days before class)
Correct and Creative Stain Applications
NOT a throw-it-down-and-call-it-done staining class! You’ll learn techniques from basic to advanced that take decorative concrete stain jobs from ho-hum to high class and give you an edge over the competition.
- Determining the right stain for your job
- How to apply Concrete Resurrection Reactive Acid Chemical (RAC) stain
- How to apply Concrete Resurrection Water Reducible Concentrate (WRC) stain
- Staining with multiple colors and adding details
- Additional stain application methods
Which Sealer to Use and How to Apply It So Every Job Lasts
The INS and OUTS of Marketing and Business Management
Your financial success depends on two things — your expertise as a decorative concrete craftsman and how well you manage your business and marketing. We’ll teach you about:
- Structuring your business
- Choosing an effective name for your business
- Using the Internet for marketing
- Using Google and social media to market your business
- How to get the most out of Home Shows
- How to market by mail
- The importance of word of mouth marketing
- Marketing on the job site
- How to present well to new prospects
Introduction to Advanced Techniques
- Day 3 includes topics such as epoxy, dyes, polyaspartic and advanced staining and engraving techniques. Exact content varies by class.