Now you’re faced with a question: What is the quickest and easiest way to mark the engraving lines prior to staining the design elements?
Stephen suggests the following method.
- Correctly position the template on the concrete that has been stained with the base color (the light brown portion in the above photo.)
- Use gray spray paint (flat) to lightly trace the cut lines. The photo shows examples using gray and black paint. This is for demo purposes only. Gray is much more forgiving on the job site since it resembles the color of the cut lines and decreases the need for extra touch ups with the Wasp.
- Remove the template. You now have “coloring book” outlines of the design as shown in the photo.
- Apply decorative concrete stain to each segment according to your design plan.
- Apply concrete sealer.
- Reposition the template using the paint outlines as a guide.
- Engrave using KaleidoCrete tools. The spray paint will be removed by the engraving process.
When you need templates or have questions about their use, give Stephen a call at 800-884-2114.